Conscious Cycling #11:
Inner Autumn Wisdom | Living with pms + pmdd
Two podcast episodes on two consecutive weeks. You’re welcome! I am so pleased to find a more sustainable rhythm for creating content for you, so be on the lookout for even more to come.
In today’s episode, we are exploring the inner autumn or pre-menstrual phase of the cycle. Inner autumn can be difficult to navigate. I will share with you the strengths and vulnerabilities in the inner autumn and how PMS + PMDD shows up. We’ll also take a look at what you can do to support your healing when you are feeling all the feels during that time of the cycle.
Here is the outline of the episode:
- As always, I’ll be sharing my cycle check-in so you are aware of my energy when I recorded this
- We’ll go into the energetics of the inner autumn season (pre-menstrual) time of the cycle and look at the strengths and vulnerabilities of this season
- We’ll look over the difference in PMS vs. PMDD
- And I’ll be sharing my personal opinion on societies view of our pre-menstrual and how it blurs the line with PMS
- I’ll share factors that can contribute to PMS and PMDD symptoms
- Then we’ll go through some simple practices that may heal those symptoms
- I’ll share more in depth about vagal toning and working with the nervous system
- We’ll end the chat by sharing celebrations, the sacred invitation at the crossover from inner summer to inner autumn
I’m also sharing about the upcoming live session of my course, Womb Wisdom. This would be especially helpful if you struggle with your inner autumn season and would like tools to stay connected to yourself during that time.
This episode is a recording of an Insight Timer live session I held in February 2022. You can choose to either watch the video recording or listen to the audio recording above. I do a new topic each week on Insight Timer Live, so you can either join me there for the live session or you can watch/listen to the recordings afterwards on this blog, on my YouTube channel or wherever you listen to podcasts.
If you are looking for a supportive community to explore these cyclical energies with, come join us in the free Cyclical Living Community!
Listen to Conscious Cycling on:
Come with me to explore what a cyclical embodied journey might look like in your life!
Hi, I’m Meghan Norean (she/they), your cyclical living guide. I am here to help you discover a sustainable and authentic way of living based on the cycles of womb + earth + moon. This is a journey of connection and community. Together we will be traversing the landscapes of menstrual cycle awareness, social justice and spirituality and how they all weave together.
Support Conscious Cycling on Patreon and share with your community below!
Sign up here to receive a free meditation + cycle chart to begin your journey today!